You encounter certain errors when creating a ticket within a quote with items
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Workcenter.
- Go to the Sales Quote View.
- Open the quote ABC (where ABC is the quote with a product on the item level)
- Navigate to the Tickets facet.
- Create a new ticket
- Following Errors are seen
- Error in business conf.; item type code not determined; report incident
- Error in business conf.; item type not valid; report incident
- Item * : processing code is not valid. Please check , where, * - is a number at which item has been defined
The item processing is not active for Ticket processing and therefore the error messages appear when trying to copy a quote with item(s) to ticket
Maintaining Correct settings in Business Configuration solves the issue.
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Then to Implementation Project View
- Click on Edit Project Scope
- Go to section "Scoping"
- Expand scoping element::Service->Customer Care
- And scope/check the 'Service and Repair' element.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To