You would like to use Freight based on weight for Sales Kits. However, when entering the Sales Kit in a Sales Order the weight is empty for the Sales Kit - Header. It only is filled for the Sales Kit - Sub Item.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Click on the New button and select the Sales Order option.
- Enter all respective data such as account, employee responsible etc.
- Navigate to the Items tab
- Add sales kit XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of Sales Kit - Header).
You can see that no weight is displayed for the Sales Kit - Header XYZ in the Details sub tab.
However the Sales Kit - Sub Items ABC and EFG both display the respective gross weight in the Details sub tab (ABC and EFG represent the ID of the Sales Kit - Sub Items).
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab and the Pricing sub tab.
- Click on Expand All
You can see that the Price Component Freight is determined but since there is no weight in the Sales Kit Header the Price Component Value is 0,00
Since there is no pricing data on the Sales Kit - Sub Items there is not Freight calculated there either.
Weight based freight is not supported for Sales Kits.
Currently, it is not possible to add the weight dimension to the Sales Kit Header: When adding a Sales Kit to a e.g. Sales Order, the Freight is not determined for the Kit if it is weight based; The weight always comes from the item whereas the pricing for the Kit is on the header and there is no way of adding the weight for a Kit on the header level.
This is the current system behaviour.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by the Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html .
You can contact the Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder.
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Business ByDesign Ideas Forum to submit an idea: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPByDesign
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To