You have defined the rule for automatic creation of Purchase Orders. When you create purchase request through web service, system failed to create purchase order automatically.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to Common Tasks view
- Select Define Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders
- You have defined the creation options for Company, Supplier, Origin Type and Product Category
- Now go to the Purchase Requests view
- Select the relevant Purchase Request created from Web Service
- You can see that Follow-On Status appears as No Follow-up
System will not create purchase orders automatically from the purchase request which were created through an external application like web service. The reason behind is; Buyer wants to enter the source of supply - Supplier, club few purchase requests in to one order for the same supplier, Delivery Date etc. and then create purchase order with multiple line items. Hence the flexibility has been given to buyer responsible to process purchase requests and then create orders manually.
This is a standard behavior for purchase requests which were created through external application. (Web service)
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To