Supervisor is notified with expiration email
Expiration email specifies to be expired item for one of his subordinates
Subordinate listed in expiration email has not affected item assigned
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Set up APM Learning expiration to run in System Admin > automatic processes > Learning expiration
2. Supervisor receives notification as his subordinate is having some to be expired items
3. Subordinate listed in notification has not listed item assigned
Issue is caused by customized notification template
the <STUD_NAME/> tag which shows the user name for whom there is an expiring assignment is moved outside the <LOOP/> tag whereas the assignment info is inside the <LOOP/> tag.
So, expiration email will only contain the first user OR one of the user name in the email for whom the assignment is expiring whereas it will list all the expiring assignments.
It means that if a supervisor has more than one subordinate and if there are more than one subordinate is having expiring assignment under him, then supervisor only sees one subordinate but expiring items from all subordinates which is causing confusion for the supervisors.
- Tag STUD_NAME/> must be added inside of loop together with the assignment information
- Current template as can be seen below has <STUD_NAME/> tag out of loop
- In order to have this worked properly, tag <STUD_NAME/> must be included inside of loop
wrong assignment in Supervisor expiration email, missing assignment