You are unable to add a URL to RSS URL in homepage.You get the following error message "The system could not retrieve RSS feed item from the URL. Change your entry."
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to Silverlight Client.
- Go to Home Page.
- Click on the gear icon on the right top.
- Select Adapt.
- Choose a role.
- Click on the gear icon on the News Tile.
You are navigated to News Settings.Here select RSS and enter a URL.
The system throws an error: The system could not retrieve RSS feed item from the URL. Change your entry.
- When you insert RSS feed in News Tile setting, if you get an error, it means this RSS is not valid and cannot be added.
- The URL's which require authentication are not supported, hence you will get the error message.
When you test a RSS feed, you can use some RSS validator(there's lots available on web) to test if it's valid.You will be able to add a URL only if it is valid.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To