You are viewing dashboards in the Analysis workcenter and you notice that in some report charts, the description for some bars is missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Analysis work center, view Dashboards.
- Open the desired dashboard and execute it.
- One of the used report views is a chart, for example of the type Bar. Let us assume that this bar chart has 10 bars.
The description of each bar is missing in some cases. Only a few descriptions are shown.
There is not enough space to display each description. This is often the case when there is more than 1 characteristic in the Rows.
This is the correct behaviour. It is not possible to show all descriptions if the space does not allow a readable display. You can use the following options to try and optimize this:
- The display is slightly different in RUI than in HTML5 due to different technologies used. Check the same dashboard in RUI - generally it allows for more space and will show more descriptions.
- Use the Drill Down (HTML5) or Inspect (RUI) feature. In both UIs, this button can be found in the top right corner of the dashboard report. This will expand the chart and give more space for descriptions to be shown.
- You can open the report via the Analyze Data button and view all required details there.
- Change the report view so only one characteristic is included in the rows. Save this as a new report view and use it in your dashboard.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA-UI , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics UI Framework , How To