There is a new feature to have a flexible date for Account Creation Start Date.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time off
Reproducing the Issue
In Time Off, Hire Date and Fixed Dates (month and day) are the only configurable options for account creation currently. Cusotmer requirements were to have a flexible date like 'Seniority Date' as the start date of the Time Accounts.
Before 1708: There have been two configuration options to set the Account Creation Start Date for recurring time accounts: Based on hire/recruit date and based on fixed date.
After 1708: There is a third option now where the user can configure a user specific time account start date based on a rule at the time account type: Employee Flexible Start Date
1. In Admin Center -> Manage Business Rule, create a rule as shown below using the option 'Flexible Account Start Date'. (In the rule I am setting the Time Account's start date as the seniority date)
2. Create a recurring Time Account Type with Account Creation Start Date as "Employe flexible Date". On selecting the option another field named 'Flexible Account Start Date Rule' appears where the rule created in Step 1 needs to be assigned.
3. Create a Time Type and assign the Time Account Type created.
4. Assign the Time Type to a Time profile
5. In the employee's Job Information, notice that the seniority date is set as 1st March 2014. Also, I have assigned the Time Profile effective from 1st Jan 2014.
6. On assigning the Time Profile, the Time Accounts gets created automatically.
7. Navigate to Adminster Time and you can see that the Accounts are created which starts from 1st of March each year.
Flexible Date Account Creation Start Date Time Off Flexible Account Start Date Rule Time Account Type Date Reference Seniority Start Date Time Off Employee Flexible Date , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , How To