You have created an extension field and extended it to a data source. You also have checked the consistency and it should be working as expected. However, when you try to create a new data source and add this field the following error messages is raised 'Data type of data source field XYZ is not available'.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work-center and Design Data Sources view
- Click on New button and New Data Source (Join or Combined)
- Click on Add Row button and select the data source
- Define your data sources and join conditions
- Click on Save button
- See the error message 'Data type of data source field XYZ is not available'
The extension field had some inconsistencies and needed to be repaired.
- Access the Object on which your extension field is based
- Enter Adaptation Mode
- Go to Extension Fields tab
- Access the Further Usage
- Click on the Data Sources and Reports pane
- See the red lights on the status column
- Click on the button Repair
- See the green lights
- Click on the Publish button
- Exit Adaptation Mode
- Try to re-create your data source
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To