You are importing data to a model using SAP Universe and you get an error message. You want to get more detailed information. This KBA illustrates how to enable debugging in SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- SAP Analytics Cloud
The client required to connect to SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform to import UNX universes is deployed when you install and configure SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
This is the C4A_AGENT web application usually deployed in Apache Tomcat.
The logs that we want to examine are located in <Tomcat_Install_Dir>/logs/tomcat-stderr.<DATE>.log
You can find lines such as:
Enterprise authentication could not log you on. Please make sure your logon information is correct. (FWB 00008)
In this case, this is self-explanatory but you can have more complex errors that require debugging. Steps you need to follow:
1. Create the following Environment Variables.
BO_TRACE_CONFIGDIR = C:\APPS
BO_TRACE_CONFIGFILE = C::\APPS\BO_Trace.ini
BO_TRACE_LOGDIR = C:\Logs
Windows: you will use the Control Panel > System Properties > Advanced > Environment variables
Linux: using your .profile
2. Create the BO_Trace.ini file with the following content:
append = false;
keep_num = 15;
sap_trace_level = trace_debug;
sap_log_level = log_info;
For a complete list of parameters, you can read the BI Platform documentation or check the KBA 2103024
3. Restart Tomcat and repeat the same import or workflow that was problematic.
You should get detailes BI Platform traces in the directory chosen in the environment variable BO_TRACE_LOGDIR.
This will have the usual BI Platform name convention:
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem