When using runtime filters with an adhoc report the report returns more values than expected
Successfactors / Adhoc Reports
Reproducing the Issue
Create an adhoc report
- Add filters in the adhoc report
- Add a 2nd Filter Group
- Add additional filters in the 2nd Filter Group
- Enable the filters for user prompt to allow selection of the filters at runtime
- Run the report and select filters - for example for a region
- Result might show results in addition to the selected region.
When you use more than one Filter Group the syntax of the filter changes.
Filters within one Filter Group are based on an AND function - that means all criteria have to be met.
Between two different Filter Groups there is an OR function - that means the report will show all results which are true for the selection in Filter Group 1 OR Filter Group 2
If you get more results than expected please ensure you make use of one single Filter Group.
Adhoc Report Result Scope Filter Filter Group , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem