The forgot password feature sends a temporary password with an [x] number of characters. Where can I adjust it?
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the nativelogin (eg. https://<company_name>.plateau.com.learning/<user or admin>/nativelogin.jsp>
2. Hit the Forgot password button
3. Enter your username and it will send an email containing the temporary password (which contains an [x] number of characters) . This password will be used for authentication before you change your password.
The temporary password is using the maximum number of characters set on the configuration page.
1. Go to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Password Policy
2. Look for the variable rules.PasswordLengthRule.maxPasswordLength
3. The value will dictate the maximum number of characters for the password creation and will be the number of characters used for the temporary password.
Forgot Password, Passwordm Password Policy, Temporary Password , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , How To