You are processing an Expense Report and receive the error message: 'Enter a valid Identifier of a receipt of an expense report'.
The error message can also have additional information in brackets such as:
- (Telephone, Fax & Internet Charges, dd.mm.yyyy) (dd.mm.yyyy represents the date)
- (Allowance non taxable, dd.mm.yyyy)
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Cloud for Travel in Silverlight.
- Go to the Auditing work centre.
- Show all Expense Reports and find Expense Report XXX (XXX represents the Expense Report ID).
- Open the Expense Report.
- Error message Enter a valid Identifier of a receipt of an expense report is displayed.
The root cause is that you have too many receipts/expenses in one expense report.
The logic behind it is that the system determines the highest receipt ID in use and adds +1.
This means you can add up to 998 + 1 actions which results in 999 actions. The nexct action then will be 999 + 1 which results in 1000 actions and is the limit of actions you can perform in an Expense Report.
'Actions' in this case means to add or delete something to/from an Expense Report.
Example: You have an Expense Report with 100 expenses/attachments. Since this is a big Expense Report you have to edit it by deleting or adding receipts and expenses. After doing so 10 times for each item you reached your limit of 1000 actions and the error message will be displayed.
The only way to solve this issue is to split the expense report and its expenses and receipts.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To