You want to upload .CSV files in Migration Tool and you receive below error:
Incompatible source file (*.csv)
Business Requirement: Import all tabs of Customer migration using single .csv file.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
- Select Overview.
- Search Migration of Customers.
- Upload .csv file using Data from Migration Template.
- You recieve above error message.
Error is justified, please use option: Upload from Text File.
Import the file with below steps:
- Download the Template from You Can Also link and use Download .csv template.
- Select Actions
- Select Create
- Add the File Name and Select the Migration Mode
- Select Upload Data from Text File
- Upload the CSV file which you have saved
- Map the values
- Add another .csv file using Upload Data from Text File.
- Follow all steps from abaove and repeat untill all the .csv files of all tabs are uploaded,ex: Address, Contacts etc.
Note: Do not use more than 15000 records at a time for import. This may create performance issues.
Suggested to perform migration of one tab at a time and not upload all tabs together for better peroframce for bulk records more than 25000.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To