We would like to restrict admins from assigning item outside of the item domains so we have applied domain restriction on workflow: "Assign Item To User" but it doesnt work and admin is still able to assign item outside of the domain.
Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a role and assign all workflows.
2. Create a 2 domains parent and Sub domain.
3. Create domain restriction add Public domain and only Sub domains to restriction.
4. Assign this domain restriction to "Assign Item To User" workflow for the role created above.
5. Now create a admin in Public domain and assign this role to admin.
6. Create a Item in Sub Domain.
7. Now login as admin created in step 5, now if you navigate to item you will see that Assign button in Actions Tab is misisng which is fine.
8. Now navigate to any User record -> Assigned Items -> Click on Green Plus Icon -. search for the item created in step 6 -> assign and it will assign to user even though workflow is restricted.
As per our Product Management team, its working as expected and the domain restriction should be applied on "Search Item"( Search Component) workflow so that the application will not let you find the item from the search to add to users record.
Restricting Item Assignment based on domains.
Domain restriction is not working.
Search Item workflow
Assign Item to User workflow LRN-17992 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem