Employee Import Email Notification keeps on notifiying that there are manager changes for user/s repeatedly.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Employee Import Job is processed.
2. Email Notification of the Import Job Completion Status is Received.
3. Check the notification which details that user/s have been transferred to managers though these were already updated in the past.
4. Another import job email notification completion status is received showing the repeated manager changes.
Upon checking the employees with manager changes on the import file, the user/s has two records in the import file, one is active and the other one, inactive.
The inactive and active records for this employee have different manager ID's on manager column. When employee information was imported, 'Process inactive employee' option was checked.
The employee import procedure is designed to process inactive employees first then active employees. User/s were deactivated in the system first then, their manager/s were updated to the manager ID set on the inactive entry which is controlled by the checked option. After that, their manager/s were activated again with a different manager from the manager ID set on the active entry, which explained the result.
Since procedure for this is by design, the possible solutions to this situation could be:
1. Remove the deactivated records in import file if you don't intend to do so.
2. Uncheck the 'Process inactive employee' option while importing employee information. If there is an employee import scheduled job, please ask Customer Support to uncheck this option.
3. Set manager ID in import file consistent for the same employee.
- PLT-61695 (internal)
employee import, import, manager, manager change, notification, job , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , Problem