You find an E-Mail in the Unassociated E-Mails view with the reason, however, when converting it to a ticket the system suggests a Contact.
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: E-Mails have been sent to your system and landed in the Unassociated E-Mails view.
- Go to the Service work centre.
- Go to the Unassociated E-mails view.
- Find and select any entry with the reason: No matching contacts were found OR Multiple matching contacts were found.
- Use the action Convert to New Ticket.
- You notice that the system suggests a contact ABC (ABC being the name of the contact).
The email address used to send the email is assigned to a corporate Account. Since it doesn't belong to any contact, the email lands in the Unassociated queue.
When you convert it to a new ticket, it picks the account it has identified based on the email address and the primary contact of the account. But since the contact was not directly identified, it was initially put in the unassociated emails list.
If you want the email to create a ticket directly, please maintain the email on the contact.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To