You replicate registered products from an external system and the messages fail in Web Service Message Monitoring with the following error: "Please enter values consisting of alphabet A - Z, numbers 0 – 9, colon (".
Reproducing the Issue
After replicating the registered product:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Click on the Web Service Message Monitoring link in General Settings view.
- Select the problematic payload with service interface RegisteredProductReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn and error message "Error while processing inbound third party communication".
- Select the message and click on the View link, then select the Error Log.
- The following error message appears: "Please enter values consisting of alphabet A - Z, numbers 0 – 9, colon (" .
The payload does not contain any value for Serial ID (<SerialID>).
Maintain the value for the Serial ID (so the <SerialID> tags contain value in the payload) for the registered product and resend the message from your external system.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To