SCORM 1.2 Content is sending LESSON_STATUS="completed" but the Item or Content Object are not being marked as completed in the LMS
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Item (with proper configuration to mark the Item as complete when Content is finished) with a SCORM 1.2 Content Object that is configured to send "Completed" in the LESSON_STATUS.
- Assign the Item
- Begin and finish the content while using a network traces gathering tool such as Fiddler or HTTPWatch
- Look for the PwsAicc calls as in the screenshot above which show communication from the content to the LMS
- You will see in the POST Data of the communication sending LESSON_STATUS=completed
- Checking on the Completed Items for the user on the Admin side will show the Item as not being completed and still in the Learning Plan
SuccessFactors Learning Management System only grants credit for a lesson_status value of "P" or "passed" under SCORM Content.
The content is sending "completed" but the content is configured to have a Mastery Score in the manifest file which is then making the content check for a SCORE.
There are three ways to approach this. Please pick the best one that suits the business needs of your company.
- Work with your Content Vendor/Provider to change "completed" to "passed" in the content. Please check on the help.sap.com site for Content Implementation guides and standards for SuccessFactors LMS.
- Remove the Mastery Score from the Content Object at the Item level and the Content Object in the Content tab if the field is populated.
- Place a "0" at the Item Level Mastery Score while keeping the Mastery Score at the Content Object level.
completed, scorm, completion, item, sf, successfactors, lms, finished, lesson_status, content, course, mastery, score , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem