You have created a finished item in the Service and Repair facet of a ticket and a time entry has not been created automatically.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open a ticket.
- Go to the Service and Repair facet.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Click on Add and create a new item.
- Select the new created item and click on the cogwheel symbol.
- Select Finish Work.
- Go to the Time Entries facet.
- You can see that the time entry has not been created automatically for the finished item.
The time entry has not been created automatically because either a service technician has not been assigned to the item or billing request item processing code has not been maintained accordingly.
For the time entry to be created automatically, you need to ensure the following:
- A service technician has been assigned to the item in the Service and Repair facet of the ticket.
- The billing request item processing code has been maintained:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the button Open Activity List.
- Search and open Tickets for Customer Support.
- Click on the hyperlink Maintain Item Processing Codes.
- Search for the processing code SRP0 – Billing Request.
- Go to the Assigned to Tab column and select the time item.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To