- How is FTE calculated?
- FTE field calculation is incorrect.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Employee Files.
- Scroll to the Job Information section.
- Edit the Standard Weekly Hours Field in the Job Information section.
- Observe the calculated FTE value is incorrect.
Case 1: The customer has rules which are set up to calculate FTE = Job Info Actual Weekly Hours / Standard Weekly Hour.
Case 2: The system wants to calculate FTE = Job Info Standard Weekly Hours / Position Standard Weekly Hours.
The system will recalculate the FTE according to the standard calculation as long as:
- A value for the standard hours can be found (in the position object, for example), AND
- The standard weekly hours field is contained in the data model.
The system calculates the field FTE automatically in several places and this calculation changes the value for the user. If one wants to prevent the system from recalculating FTE, then one needs to be certain the system cannot find any standard weekly hours for the user.
If none of the following objects (order of calculation precedence below) contain a standard weekly hours field value, there should be no FTE recalculation:
- Job classification
- Legal Entity
If there is a standard hours hours value in all or a few of these objects, then the standard weekly hours in the position is used to calculate the FTE field value.
If the standard weekly hours in the job information section is filled out, then it will be used to calculate the FTE provided there are no values for the standard weekly hours in the objects above.
There should only be one standard weekly hours value in the system for the FTE to be calculated correctly.
SF, EC, full time employee, Success Factors , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To