You have created a Time entry in a ticket and want to create a Time Item from it. You receive the error message: "Item hierarchy is not valid. Please check”.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Service workcenter.
2. Go to the Tickets view.
3. Open a ticket ABC with a time entry XYZ.
4. Go to the Time Entries facet.
5. Select the time entry XYZ.
6. Click the Gear menu and select Create Time Item.
7. Select the Service Item.
8. Click Ok.
Result: error message "Item hierarchy is not valid. Please check."
1. You have selected the product while creating the time item. You have scoped Enable Product Determination for Time Recording. Due to this, the product for the Time Item is determined based on the Product determination rules while creating the time item.
2. If you want to create a time item with a service item (selected from the Value Help), then you should fine tune Item Processing Determination, because the time item will be created as a child/sub item to the service item.
1. If you want to select the product while creating a Time Item, then you should de-scope Enable Product Determination for Time Recording.
2. In Item Processing Determination, you must maintain the Time Item in the Product ID field and Time as the processing code. Fine tuning path: Ticket for customer support -> Maintain Item Processing Determination.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To