While preparing a Sales Campaign you wish to upload an e-mail template. If the template was used with other systems or is a standalone they sometimes us Java script to work. This requires that the main html file for the template would have a <script> tag to run the Java script code. However this is a potential security issue as this would allow the introduction of unknown code into the system that could be potentially harmful. For this reason tags such as <script> and <audio> are not allowed for upload to the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Campaign Workcentre.
- Select Content View.
- Click New and select E-mail Template.
- Fill in the details and select Save and Open.
- Click Add in the top right corner of the Details facet.
- Select the HTML file to upload.
- The HTML file that is uploaded is scanned to ensure its integrity.
- if the file contains the <script> tag the error -- HTML tag 'script' is not allowed -- appears.
This is a security precaution enforced by C4C to ensure the system cannot be compromised by 3rd party code.
As a resolution it is advised to create a template that is not reliant on the <script> tag.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , Product Enhancement