While copying an expense report, you are getting the error message: You are not authorized to copy this expense report, even though you have all the authorizations to do the same.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Managing My Area work center.
- Go to the Call Employee Services On Behalf sub view in the Common Tasks view.
- Search and select the Employee ABC (ABC stands for the Employee name).
- Under Time and Expenses select the Report Expenses link.
- Create a new Expense report with Type of Expense Report: Business trip and Purpose: PQR (PQR stands for the purpose of the trip).
- Click on the Copy Data from Other Expense Report link.
- Search and select Expense report ID: XXX (XXX stands for an Expense Report already present in the system) and enter New Start Date as DD.MM.YYYY.
You get the error message: You are not authorized to copy this expense report.
The Copy Data from Other Expense Report functionality provides the possibility to add data from other Expense Reports to the new created Expense Report (ER stands for the Expense Report).
The functionality works only for your own ERs (for cases where the Employee of new ER is the Traveler of the old ER). The idea behind that functionality is, for example, that the Employee can just copy data from ER in case of traveling to same locations like in the other ER.
It's not designed and implemented for the scenario where you want to copy the ER from one Employee to another. So it's not possible to copy data of ER from Employee ABC to a new ER with different Employee DEF (DEF stands for the Employee name). This, also, does not for on behalf scenario.
You need to select an ER with the same Employee.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To