When opening a lead, the message below appears:
You can't use business partner 123 (ABC) because it's Blocked/Obsolete.
However, if you check this contact ABC, the same is in status Active in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales work center.
- Select the Leads view.
- Open lead ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Lead);
- The message appears: You can't use business partner 123 (ABC) because it's Blocked/Obsolete. (123 represents the ID of the business partner, ABC represents the contact name).
- Now go to Customers Work center.
- Select the Contacts view.
- Search for contact ABC.
- The contact has the Status field as Active.
This is current a known issue. The error message shows correct business partner ID but wrong contact name.
The behavior is planned to be made available in a higher release. At this point in time, we are not in a position to provide more accurate information on date and/or timelines for this future release.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To