User Connector does not process the records based their sequence. This causes Supervisor Circular reference errors in the connector run.
Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
1. User A is supervisor for User B
2. In the User connector file, have the supervisor value updated.
- User B as the supervisor for User A
- Have the supervisor value of User B updated (to any other user or maybe NO_MANAGER)
3. In the User Connector feed file, have the record for User B listed before the User A's record
4. When the connector you will get the Supervisor Circular reference error.
Admin would expect, if the user B is listed before, the supervisor value should be updated and there should not be any circular reference error.
During the connector run, it is not guaranteed on the sequence in which the connector records are processed. Also, the supervisor value is applied after the records are processed. That is why you would encounter this error in the connector run.
This is working as expected behavior and is not a product defect. To have this issue fixed, you can follow the steps below.
1. Find the list of impacted records
2. Prepare a user connector file and have the supervisor value updated.
3. Run this file for the user connector.
4. In the next run, there should not be any issues for the Supervisor Circular reference error.
If the impacted records are very few in number, you can manually update the values in the user record from the UI.
Supervisor Circular reference, User Connector , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem