During onboarding process and the timing of new hires (external hires) showing up on the SF org charts. So for example, say an external candidate is hired, once they complete their post hire verification step, they are sent an email that contains a link. This link is their access to the onboarding module. Since they are still considered “external” until their actual hire date, we use partial SSO to allow them access to the onboarding module using the link we email to them (they can’t access as a regular employee until fully hired). Once this email is sent out, a temporary profile is created – sort of like an employee profile, but this one is temporary until their hire date. Once they are hired and their actual employee profile is created, this temporary profile goes away. The issue is that this temporary profile is actually populating under the hiring manager prior to the actual start/hire date. So, for confidential hires, or in situations where an employee is sent to onboarding prior to a manager announcing they’ve been hired to the team – we have an issue with confidentiality since they are showing up on the org chart.
- Applicable to All DataCenter.
The following is the work around we thought through to implement the same we need to perform the said steps.
1. Copy the “Employee Self” role to “Employee Self-ONB” with Target population is ‘All Employees” – should be given very minimal permission
2. Create permission group as “Employee Group” based on Location. Not only location we can opt even Business unit or department as these fields are not being used by “IsOboardingUser”.
3. “Employee Self” role should be assigned Target population with “Employee Location” Permission Group
4. Similarly Permission role “Employee Others” target population should be change from everyone to Permission Group “Employee Location”.
5. Manage Home Page - We need to create "Show Tile For This Group" as Employee Location Group - select all locations.
org hart Preday1 Hide preday hire Temporary id Onboarding. , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-NHA , New Hire Activity , How To