You want to maintain an address for Customers or other Business Partners via migration tool in the Business Configuration work center. But although the postal code is maintained correctly in the migration template, the error message 'Postal code ABC can only contain numbers' appears (ABC represents the Postal Code). The migration fails.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview.
- Click on the Activity List tab.
- In Show field, select All Activities.
- Search and open Migration of Customers activity.
- Select Migrate Customers using the Migration Tool.
- Mark the relevant file.
- Choose Execute Migration Step By Step.
- Go forwards till Simulation step.
- The error message 'Postal code ABC can only contain numbers' appears.
You maintained an incorrect Country Code in the migration template and therefore a rule for the wrong country applies. This may happen when a common abrevation for the country doesn't match the ISO 3166 Code.
Check which ISO 3166 Country Code applies for the relevant address and maintain this Country Code in the migration file.
migration, Business Partners, Customers address, Kunden Adresse , KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To