You added extension fields to business partners type Contacts. Now when downloading the migration template for Suppliers, you expect the extension fields to be available on the Contacts sheet, but they are missing there.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview.
- Click on the Activity List tab.
- In Show field, select All Activities.
- Search and open the Migration of Suppliers activity.
- Select Migrate Suppliers using the Migration Tool.
- Choose View All.
- Download and open Migration Template.
- Check the Contacts sheet.
- No columns for the existing extension fields exist.
The extension fields for Contacts are not reflected in the template for Migration of Suppliers.
As explained in the cause section, this is the expected system behaviour.
To migrate Supplier Contacts with customer extension fields, perform the following two steps:
First migrate the Contacts using the Migration of Business Partners template, in which you can maintain the extension fields.
Afterwards perform the Migration of Suppliers and maintain the ID of the previously created Contacts in the Contacts sheet.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To