While customizing a notification template using the legacy notification editor, the following syntax tags does not appear when you try to preview the notification (LMS admin side):
SuccessFactors Learning Management System - Notifications
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Learning Administration > System Admin > Configuration > Notification Templates
- Search for ApmTrainingExpiration and edit it
- Use the Legacy Notification editor to edit (do not launch the new editor)
- On Messages tab, add these syntax tags: <CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>, <FLOATING_CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>, <QUAL_CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>
- Click Apply changes button and then on Preview
- You will notice that these Syntax tags does not appear on the Preview mode.
Our Engineering Team investigated this behavior (LRN-21304) and fixed for release 1711. Previously, even with the syntax tag not appearing on the preview, it was still there and would be populated on the notification when triggered to the end user. So, the only impact was on the admin side and does not have any impact for the end user.
In addition, this was only happening on legacy editor, not on the new notification editor.
<CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>, <FLOATING_CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>, <QUAL_CPNT_INSTRUCTIONS/>, Syntax tag, Notification Preview, Legacy Editor , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem