To trouble shoot following issues
- Associated job information field is not displaying any value
- Job info field is not filtering values based on association
- Association not working
- Application error on clicking fields
SuccessFactors Employee Central Job Information
Wrong association configuration
Before troubleshooting you should be aware of the parent(first field to be selcted) and child field
Step 1: Install Firebug in your browser(mozilla or chrome)
Step 2:Navigate to job information page and locate the field to be checked
Step 3:Click Fire bug icon
Step 4: A new window will get opened towards the bottom of the browser.Clear the console clicking clear button
Step 5:Click the field which is throwing error or which is not filtering properly.
On Clicking firebug , console starts loading the logs.It will display 2 post statements.Click the first post statement ending with .dwr .Click the post tab
Step 6:Scroll down and check the line with the keyword "reference".
All the generic objects or foundation objects associated to this field will get displayed in the reference section.In below screenshot department is associated to company and division.
Step 7:Now check the association configuration
Step 8:Navigate to the object definition of the child object.Child object is the object which is getting filtered and parent object is the object which we select first
Here in above example: Company and division is the parent and department is the child
Naviagate to object definition of department.
- Admin center-->Configure object definition
- Search the object department
- Scroll down and check the association section.
Step 9:Check whether field criteria is maintained for both objects.Field criteria should be maintained in respective field of the child object in job information portlet.Changes can be performed via XML or business configurtaion.
- Navigate to Admin center----->manage business configuration
- job info ---->department
- click details---->Scroll down to Field criteria section---->Fill Destination field value and source field name
How to get destination and source field name
Destination Field Value
Destination field value is the field id of parent object in job information portlet.Here parent objects are Division and Legal entity. Field id for Division object in job info is "division" and legal entitiy is "company".Make sure that you are entering the id of the field and not the label and is case sensitive.
Source Field Name
Souce field name is the association name .Check the screenshot in step 8.
- Association name for Division is cust_toDivision
- Association name for Legal Entity is cust_toLegalEntity
Now copy this name and add it in Source field name for respective field .An extension to be added to the name.
Following extensions can be added based on the configuration.
How to determine which extension to be added
Navigate to the Parent Object Definition----->Check the name of the data base field internalCode.In below screenshot its mdfSystemInternalCode.Copy this and paste it after dot symbol under Source field name
- If parent is MDF object then add internalId after the dot symbol . In above example cust_toDivision.internalId
- If parent is Foundation Object add externalCode
- If parent is Custom MDF add mdfSystemInternalCode
Step 10: Make sure that parent filed(first field to be selected) is placed above child field in job information portlet.
Association Filtering Application error clicking job information field field criteria , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information & Propagation XML , How To