Upon launching course content in Internet Explorer, if the file is a video such as an MP4, Internet Explorer prompt to download the file rather than playing the video.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Item with an mp4 video content object
- Launch the item
- Content begins to load
- Internet Explorer prompts to download the video
This issue is due to configuration settings with Windows and Internet Explorer.
While this KBA will attempt to provide guidance on fixing the issue, it would be best to engage your IT team or Microsoft. The issue stems from 3rd party software.
These steps were only tested on Windows 10.
- Go to Control Panel in Windows
- Search for Default Programs on the search bar
- Click on "Set your default programs"
- Scroll down to Windows Media Player
- Click "Choose defaults for this program"
- A list of file formats will appear.
- Scroll down and find the video file formats you want to associate to Windows Media Player such as .mp4
- Click on Save
Once you attempt to launch the course, rather than downloading, the video will play.
lms, sf, successfactors, video download, play in browser, internet explorer, launch video, watch video, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem