You are not able to approve for a Sales Quote due to the following error message: You do not have sufficient authorization to execute this task.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Select the Sales Quotes view.
- Open sales quote XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales quote).
- Click on the approval task Approve Quote XYZ at the top of the Sales Quote Overview: XYZ window.
- The following error is displayed and the approval task does not open: You do not have sufficient authorization to execute this task
Your user ABC does not have the work center view Sales under Managiing My Area assigned (ABC represents the user id of the logged on user).
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Business Users view.
- Select user ABC.
- Click on the Edit button and select the Access Rights option.
- Go to the Work Center and View Assignment tab.
- Click on the Find button.
- Enter Sales in the find field.
- Select Work Center View ID MM_SALES and click on the Locate button.
- You can see that the Work Center View ID MM_SALES is not assigned to the user.
- Activate the check box in the column Assigned to User.
- Save your changes.
Once the user ABC loggs off and back on to the system again the error will not occur anymore and the task can be approved.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To