Your requirement is to link new Accounts to the existing Account Hierarchies in your system. Upon trying to migrate using the Migration of Customer Hierarchies, system throws error:
"Hierarchy with ID XXXXX already exists" or
"Hierarchy node with ID XXXXX already exists"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Customer Hierarchies
- Select Migrate customer hierarchies using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
This is the expected system behaviour. Migration of Account Hierarchy is only capable to create complete Account Hierarchies. Adding more Account Hierarchy Nodes or further Accounts using a delta-migration is not supported by the system.
Once a Migration is done, adding of further Accounts or Nodes needs to be done manually by a user.
Further, neither a deletion nor a mass-deletion of Account Hierarchies is supported by the system.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To