What is it?
Support for attaching files when users records learning that requires approval and/or requires e-signatures.
Why is it important?
Users may need to post documents that show their completion (such as a completion certificate) and the approver needs to view the attachment as proof of learning completion.
Previously, we supported attachments in the Record Learning Wizard when you were using the updated supervisor approval flow but we did not support it if the record learning process included an approval process. In this release, users or supervisors can upload attachments even when the process includes approval. Users can post documents that show their completion (such as a completion certificate) and the approver can view the attachment as proof of learning completion. This works for standard approval processes and e-signatures.
What is the storage capacity?
System Admin > Configurations > Tools > click on Attachments Utilization > The limit is 2 GB
What are the costs in case more storage capacity is required?
you can contact your account representative or sales team on this . CS don't have this info
Who will be able to see the attachments besides Associate and Manager?
User (Approver/supervisor/manager) can view attached files while Approving learning events recorded by users. only these two can see the attachments.
Learning Management System
Enhancement - LRN-18152
1. System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS_ADMIN > “updatedSupervisorFlow=true”
2. User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings, should be enabled. In previous release, if the User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings is enabled; user was not able to attach documents.
Check the KBA 2423138 which describes how to enable "User-recorded Learning Event Approval Process Settings". Enabled in b1702 release.
1. From the user end, initiate a record learning screen.
2. You can choose to record learn either internal or external item.
3. In the earlier versions, if there was an approval process associated, user was not able to upload attachments.
4. With b1708 release, users would be able to upload attachment after the approval screen.
i. User gets the approval screen
ii. User can now choose to upload attachments.
Record Learning, Approval Process, LRN-18152, Enhancement , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To