This article reviews over-all usage of the Manage Documents feature in Admin Center:
- Attachment storage allocation;
- Attachment User Limit;
- Attachment Maximum File Size;
- Attachment Limit Notification Monitor Period;
- Attachment Format Support in All Modules;
- Tool Usage.
SAP SuccessFactors Platform / BizX.
What is the Manage Documents feature?
Manage Documents feature helps you better manage documents uploaded by users to the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite. Users can search, and download documents that are relevant to your SAP SuccessFactors solutions, such as SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central or SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goals. Note that these attachments are subjected to the storage limits set up in the back-end system. Please see below the settings that are configurable on the Provisioning back-end system.
Enable the Attachment Manager
How do I have access to this tool?
In order for you to access the Manage Document page, you need to have the "Manage Documents" permission set for your user. Manage Documents is the option to be used in Admin Center.
You can grant this permission by following these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Center
- Go to "Manage Permission Roles"
- Choose the role you wish to grant this to
- Click "Permission" and navigate to the "Manage Documents" category
- Grant the "Manage Documents" permission
How to Use the Tool:
- Select the document;
- Click the arrow symbol on the right-hand side to export and download the document;
- Click the funnel icon to filter the options for file type, status, and file size;
- Click the eye symbol to sort the files into descending and ascending orders and group files based on criteria available, for example: File Name, File Size, File Type, User ID, Last Modified, User Name, First Name, and Last Name.
Can we delete documents on this view?
There is no way to delete any attachment from this view. The only way you can delete attachment showing in the view is by going to the view/form where you uploaded the attachment and delete it from there.
What are the settings that can be configured?
- Attachment Storage Allocation: 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, 10GB, 50GB, 100GB, 200GB, 500GB, 1TB;
- Attachment User Limit: No limit, 5MB, 10MB, 20MB, 50MB, 100 MB;
- Attachment Max File Size: 5MB and 10MB;
NOTE: This is the maximum file size that can be uploaded. It is not designed for video and audio files.
- Attachment Limit Notification Monitor Period: 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, Never;
NOTE: Admins who have access to Manage Documents receive a notification when threshold hits 75% of their total attachment storage allocation. When notification is turned on, the system runs a job to trigger the e-mail reminder.
- File Formats Supported: doc, pdf, csv, htm, ppt, xls, gif, png, jpg, jpeg, html, rtf, bmp, xlsx, docx, pptx, txt, & msg.
NOTE: Please contact SAP Cloud Support team if you wish to have your settings adjusted.
document, document management, manage documents, file, storage, storage allocation, attachment storage, attachment user limit, attachment max file size, document size, file size, monitor period, allocation notification, file format, file storage. , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PRV , Provisioning Changes , How To