- A custom report that was previously working in 1705 (or a previous version) is now throwing an error on import/execution in 1708
Error Type A
Error Type B
Success Factors Learning Management System (LMS) from b1708
- This is the result of a 1708 enhancement (eng ref LRN-17962)
- The enhancement is designed to stop reports running if they contain a design flaw serious enough that allowing it to run may impact general report node performance
Error Type A
- You never want to bind the main dataset of the report to a column cell. The main dataset returns all rows of data for the report which can be typically huge. The current row of data from the main data set is already available to the column.
- Any dataset bound to the cell gets run over and over again and BIRT puts the results of this dataset into memory, which eventually can cause an out of memory issue on the report node.
The report's developer will need to amend the affected report so that the Main Dataset is not bound to any Report Columns (see below screengrab for illustration of incorrect column binding)
ERROR TYPE B
- Hidden Tables in reports must now be unhidden to mitigate impact of potential report node performance issue
Report;Custom;Failing;Validation;Error;New;Release;Same;Dataset;Binding;Table;Cell;Q3;1708;LMS;hidden;table;expression;true , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , Plateau Report Designer , Problem