When we are trying to import a SCORM content, the import fails and gives us the following error message:
"Error on line X: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'lom'."
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to LMS Admin
- Navigate to Content->Tools->Import Content->Add New Content
- Add Any SCORM content to Import
- The Error occurs
The issue might be with the "imsmanifest.xml" file located inside the (content) zip file
- There is a parameter called "lom" in the manifest file
- The error may be resolved by removing all the occurrences of the lom data inside the content's manifest file, re-zipping the content, and trying to upload the content once again
More detailed steps can be found below:
- Extract the content zip file, open the imsmanifest.xml and find "<lom" and remove all the values until "</lom>" and save the file.
- Zip the content again (not the folder but the contents in it, for example if you open the zip file it should contain all of the files in it and not just a folder).
Also, this solution is not for all the contents that you upload to the LMS system but only with the ones with which you are facing the issues and this will not affect the behavior of the content in any way.
SF SuccessFactors LMS SCORM Content import failed lom error iContent strict element , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem