You will see workflow failure notification in your notification inbox tough the worflow has been executed and the respective notification has been sent.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator Work Center.
- Go to Workflow Rules.
- Click on the gear icon/cog wheel icon to select the "Workflow Logs" option.
- Click on advance filter option and filter the logs using the criteria Status = "Failed".
- Now, choose the specific workflow composed on the BO in question which gives worflow failure notification.
This is the case of e-mail bounce when the recipient's email address in not correct.
From 1708 release we have added this functionality, where when the email is sent out of the system we mark it as "Completed".
But if there is a bounce of email because of the invalid email address i.e. the mail couldn't be delivered to the recipient's email address then we listen to that bounce and mark the corresponding log of the workflow rule and BO instance for which the rule was executed as "Failed" so that the customer can correct the email address of the recipient for future.
You can go to the logs and when you see the "Failed" Log for that specific BO instance, for that specific rule, you can click on the "Failed" link and you will see the error message why it failed: "Recipient email address not valid".
The error message will not be available for the failures which happened prior 1708 upgrade as this functionality was added in 1708 release.
1. Go to Accounts/Contacts BO.
2. Kinldy correct the Business Partner's(Accounts or Contact) /Recipients e-mail address and maintain valid e-mail address.
Kindly perform the above steps so that this issue can be avoided in future.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Bug Filed