You receive an error saying that the Delivery is blocked while releasing the Customer Demand. However, the Payment by Credit Card has been Authorized.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Select Customer Demand view.
- Search for Customer Demand XXX.
- Select the Customer Demand XXX.
- Click Release.
- Receive the error message:
Release of order not possible; Sales Order XXX item 10 blocked
XXX = Sales Order ID
The Delivery is blocked in the Customer Demand because the Delivery Date is beyond the Authorization Horizon maintained for the Credit Card. Please note that the date being considered here is Delivery Date displayed in the ATP and not the Requested Delivery Date.
You can check the Authorization Horizon following the steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Overview view.
- Search for Credit Card Authorization and Settlement activity.
- Open the Activity Credit Card Authorization and Settlement.
- Click Edit credit card authorization profiles.
Notice that the Authorization Horizon for Preauthorization is YYY days.
YYY = Authorization Horizon (in days)
As a workaround, you can wait for the Delivery Date to be within the Authorization Horizon.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To