- Incorrect field value (Old value that this employee has in previous position) is shown for certain fields when hiring internal hire candidate that is coming from onboarding or recruiting.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central (EC)
- EC integration with Onboarding or Recruiting
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon into your instance
- from "Admin Center" open up "Manage pending hires" tool
- Go to either the recruiting or onbaording section (Depending on the integration that you have setup and/or are using).
- Select an internal hire candidate.
- Fill in fields and you may notice that some fields in certain sections/portlets may have old values that are now incorrect (You may notice that these are values that are retrieved from candidates previous position)
- This is by design.
- If no value is passed by onboarding or recruiting and also if no rule or propragtion xml is populating any value for the specific field, the system will simply display the old value from database that this candidate had in his previous position.
There are various options that can be done to correct this if manual changing of the field value is not prefered:
- You can add the specific field to your onboarding or recruiting mapping and force the field to be overwritten by the integration.
- You can add tthe field to an oninit or on change rule (or create a new rule) that sets the field value. (For example the onchange rule that is typically set on the position field can set certain fields in job information based on what the value is within the position).
- You can add a propagation that sets the field based on a value that is set for another field in the propagation XML.
incorrect value, old value, ONB, RCM, employee central, EC, onboarding, recruiting, internal hire , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Suite Integration (EC to RCM, ONB, CVP) , Problem