You are unable to create Project Invoice Request due to error:
"Cannot assign expense item to invoice item due to incompatible units of measure (UoM). Check if the UoM can be converted. If conversion is not possible, assign the expense to another invoice item."
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management Workcenter
- Select view Invoice Preparation
- Select sub-view Not Invoiced Time and Expenses
- Under All Active Customer Projects, Select relevant project
- Select New-> Manual Project Invoice Request
- Propose the invoice items-> Using Sales Order Items
- Navigate to Select Time and Expenses
- When you assign invoice items for item X, error encountered:
Cannot assign expense item to invoice item due to incompatible units of measure (UoM). Check if the UoM can be converted. If conversion is not possible, assign the expense to another invoice item.
It can be due to two reasons:
- The UOM conversion is not maintained in Product Master Data
- If the UOM Conversion is maintained, then check if you have two same quantity units (e.g. UOM as Y) with the same description in your system( description "YYY" )
You can check this in Business Configuration -> Overview-> Quantities and Units of Measure->Trading Units of Measurement-> search for description "YYY"
You can see two different codes for same unit "Y" with description "YYY"
- Please maintain the quantity conversion for the UOM in the Product Master data.
- If UOM conversion is maintained but still you get the error, you have to maintain the conversion for both the units which have similar description in the product master data
( since both descriptions are similar, you cannot identify which description to choose, so enter the unique code of the units manually and press enter, system will pick the corresponding UOM)
You can cancel and recreate the Goods and Services Receipts with the correct quantity unit.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To