When you create a supplier invoice in which cost distritution is IMAT, error comes: "Posting of invoice not possible due to error in financial accounting ; Depreciation method missing for valuation view ABC set of books XYZ".
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center and access Invoice and Credit Memos view.
- Open the concerned invoice document and click View All.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab, you can see the error message:"Posting of invoice not possible due to error in financial accounting ; Depreciation method missing for valuation view ABC (ABC stands for valuation view ID) set of books XYZ (XYZ stands for Set of Books ID)".
For the invoice items you have defined the account assignment as IMAT - Individual Material.In this scenario, the individual material is the cost object. Considering that this is an asset acquistion, the system will reach the Fixed Asset subledger with a G/L Account of type ASSET - Fixed assets and derive the fixed asset class for the sepcific product category.
However, you will the find depreciation method for the valuation view under the fixed asset class hasn't been maintained.
In order to solve the issue , you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration work center and access the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List of the current project.
- Show All Activities and find Fixed Asset Classes.
- In the Fixed Asset Classes view ,click Asset Class Determination.
- You will find the asset class LMN (LMN standards for asset class ID) of the product category for the fixed asset.
- Close the current view and click Edit fixed asset classes in the Fixed Asset Classes.
- In the current view , find the asset class LMN and maintain the depreciation method for the valuation view ABC.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To