You have created an Intercompany Sales Order and the Purchase Request/Purchase Order that was automatically created after, does not have the Buyer Responsible field populated.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders Work Center.
- Go to Purchase Orders View.
- Open the affected Document and see that the Buyer Responsible Field was not populated automatically.
This information is not coming from the Sales Order automatically because the activity Involved Parties for Purchase Requests and Orders is not in scope. In order for the Purchase Request to gather information such as Buyer Responsible and Purchasing Unit automatically from any source, you need to maintain this activity in scope.
In order to maintain this in scope, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Implementation Projects and edit the Project Scope.
- Go to Questions tab.
- Expand Purchasing > Purchase Request and Order Management > Purchase Requests.
You see the question as follows: 'Do you want to define defaulting of Purchasing Unit and Buyer Responsible for Purchase Request and Orders?'
Once this question is In Scope, the defaults start working as desired.
For further information, you can check the Help Document Defaulting of Purchasing Unit and Buyer Responsible for Purchase Requests and Orders. It explains in detail this functionality.
KBA , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , How To