This Knowledge Base Article has some frequently asked queries from customers in Time Administration:
- SAP Business ByDesign.
1. Why is the user not able to access Time File of an employee under Time Administration.
User does not have access rights of Time Administration work center.
2. Is it mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Ad-hoc Time Account for an employee?
Yes, it is mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Ad-hoc Time Account in Time File of an employee.
There is an error message received if you have not added the Time Account Rule. Error Message: No time account rule is maintained for this time account.
Now you can proceed to add the Time Account in Time Account Balance of the employee successfully.
3. Why are you not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent?
You are not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent because Time Type is not linked to the Time Account during the given period:
- Go to Time Types Activity in Business Configurations.
- Select Maintain Employee Time Types.
- Select required Time Type and add a row in Time Account Posting with corresponding validity. Perform Day Closure Run for this employee from the Time Profile Start Date.
4. Why is the Administrator able to record time for an employee under Time Type not assigned to him/her?
The Time Type shall be activated in Time Administration workcenter. The Administrator can use the Time Type assigned to the Country of this Employee.
5. You cannot find the leaves deducted for employee under Time Account Balance tab.
Employee will be able to record the Employee Times, even if there is no Time Account assigned. But you will not be able to see the balances because the Time Account is not assigned to the Employee. You have to assign the Time Account to the Time Profile of the employee.
6. You cannot see assigned Holiday Calendar under Employee Timesheet.
You have not assigned a Work Schedule and Time Model to this employee under Time Profile tab in Time File.
7. Is it possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard?
No, it is not possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard. The availability of the Countries in the drop-down is based on the Countries that are scoped in Project in Business Configuration.
8. Is it possible to restrict Time Recording for same Time Frame via different channels?
No, it is not possible to configure any restrictions for a user to enter his/her Time Recording for same time frame via different channels e.g., Employee Time Recording, Time Punches. This is due to the fact that a user can perform different tasks at the same time for which he can enter his Time Recording for the same time frame.
9. Why is Planned Working Time not calculating for an employee?
The Time model for the selected duration is not added in Work Schedule under Time Profile for the employee.
10. After successfully replicating the delta changes for an Employee with respect to organizational data and the manager alignment, the changes have not reflected in the Time Profile for that Employee.
The time file will not reflect every organizational change for an Employee in the Employee Data work center. The time file only reflects time periods when time data has been changed. The current effective Reporting Line Unit manager will show for the current period however, it will not show the individual changes to the Org Unit unless a time data change was made.
11. You have hired a new employee, but when you try to assign a Time Model for it, no Time Models are displayed.
This employee was hired for a Country which does not have a Time Model created. Create a new Time Model and you will be able to assign it to the employee.
12. Your requirement is to maintain the Temporary Change of Work Schedule for multiple Employees or all the Employees in the system.
Temporary Change of Work Schedules can only be maintained on an individual basis and not for multiple Employees.
13. Is it possible to assign Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple Employees at a time?
Assignment of Deviating Holiday Calendar is not a mass activity and hence we cannot assign the Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple employees at a time. It can be assigned individually to employee via Maintain Deviating Holiday Calendar option in the Regular Tasks view in Time Administration workcenter.
14. Is it possible to write the timesheet every 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes?
The system is designed in such a way that half an hour slots are available to enter timesheet ex:6:00, 6:30 to avoid multiple options of drop down. You may use the standard options and manually update the time ex: 6:00 to 6:15. You can directly enter hours, ex: 2:15 hours and select interval 4:00 to 6:00 and manually change 6:00 to 6:15, it is possible in the system.
15. Why new Leave Request does not Deduct the Quota of Time Account for an employee?
You have not maintained the Work Schedule / Time Model in the Time File of the Employee for the leaves to get deducted correctly and for the quantity to be evaluated.
For details refer KBA: 2286499 - New Leave Request does not Deduct the Quota of Time Account
16. How to link a Time Type with a Time Account?
When time is recorded against a time type, the time is typically tracked in one or more time accounts to accurately record cumulative balances. On the Time Account Posting tab, review the existing settings or define new posting details for selected time types:
The Time Account Type field displays the time account type to which the selected time type can post.
1. Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
2. Select Implementation Project view.
3. Select Open Activity List.
4. Search Time Types.
5. Click Add Row to specify an additional time account type.
For example, paid time off should be checked against and deducted from a leave entitlement time account type and should be counted by various statistical time accounts such as Absence (paid), Absence (allover) and Actual Hours.
17. What is Time Statement?
In the Employee Self-Services Overview of the Home work center, employees can display, review, and print a time statement containing details of their recorded times for a selected month, the balances of certain time accounts, and where relevant, daily postings to their working time accounts.
Time Administrators can also view the Time Statement of employees:
1. Go to Time Administration workcenter.
2. Select Employee View.
3. Search required employee.
4. Select employee and choose Time Statement option.
18. Where can you configure Premium-Pay?
Follow below steps to configure Premium-pay:
1. In the Business Configuration work center
2. Choose the Implementation Projects view.
3. Select your implementation project and click Open Activity List.
4. Select the Fine Tune phase
5. Select the Premium Pay — <Country> activity from the activity list.
To review the predelivered premium pay types or create new premium pay types, click Maintain Premium Pay Type.
If you require a new premium pay type, click Add Row and under Code enter a code for the new premium pay that begins with Z.
Enter a descriptive name for the premium pay, indicating a special working situation that is compensated either at payment rates that deviate from employee’s standard pay or payment that is additional to this.
19. How to assign Overtime to the employee:
You can follow the steps below:
1. Go to Time Administration workcenter
2. Select Employees view
3. Search required Employee
4. Select Edit and open Time Profile tab. Assign Time Recording Profile to the employee
5. Now enter Employee Times with Premium Pay :
Select Overtime Time Type and required Premium Pay which will then be allocated to the employee.
Overtime Time Type can be taken from the Standard Time Types available in the system. This is to indicate, these are extra working hours of the employee.
20. How to perform day Closure Run?
You can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Open the Regular Tasks view.
- Click on the Run Day Closure for One Employee option.
- Select the employee in the value help.
- Choose the action "Start Time Valuation".
- Click on the Run button.
- Provide the Time Profile Start date of the employee selected and click on the Ok button.
- For mass employee updates, you can use : Administer Day Closure Runs
FAQ, Time Administration, Frequently Asked Questions, Holiday Calendar, Time Account Balances, Day Closure Run , KBA , faq , time administration , frequently asked questions , holiday calendar , time account balances , day closure run , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To