This Knwoledge Base Article has some frequently asked queries from customers in Time Administration:
SAP Business ByDesign
1. Why is the user not able to access Time File of an employee under Time Administration.
User does not have access rights of Time Administration work center.
2. Is it mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Add-hoc Time Account for an employee?
Yes, it is mandatory to add Time Account Rule while assigning Add-hoc Time Account in Time File of an employee.
There is an error message received if you have not added the Time Account Rule. Error Message: No time account rule is maintained for this time account.
Now you can proceed to add the Time Account in Time Account Balance of the employee successfully.
3. Why are you not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent?
You are not able to see the deduction of leaves under newly changed Time Account from Temporary to Permanent because Time Type is not linked to the Time Account during the given period:
- Go to Time Types Activity in Business Configurations.
- Select Maintain Employee Time Types.
- Select required Time Type and add a row in Time Account Posting with corresponding validity. Perform Day Closure Run for this employee from the Time Profile Start Date.
4. Why is the Administrator able to record time for an employee under Time Type not assigned to him/her?
The Time Type shall be activated in Time Administration workcenter. The Administrator can use the Time Type assigned to the Country of this Employee.
5. You cannot find the leaves deducted for employee under Time Account Balance tab.
Employee will be able to record the Employee Times, even if there is no Time Account assigned. But you will not be able to see the balances because the Time Account is not assigned to the Employee. You have to assign the Time Account to the Time Profile of the employee.
6. You cannot see assigned Holiday Calendar under Employee Timesheet.
You have not assigned a Work Schedule and Time Model to this employee under Time Profile tab in Time File.
7. Is it possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard?
No, it is not possible to hide the Country name while creating the new Time Model from the Time Model wizard. The availability of the Countries in the drop-down is based on the Countries that are scoped in Project in Business Configuration.
8. Is it possible to restrict Time Recording for same Time Frame via different channels?
No, it is not possible to configure any restrictions for a user to enter his/her Time Recording for same time frame via different channels e.g., Employee Time Recording, Time Punches. This is due to the fact that a user can perform different tasks at the same time for which he can enter his Time Recording for the same time frame.
9. Why is Planned Working Time not calculating for an employee?
The Time model for the selected duration is not added in Work Schedule under Time Profile for the employee.
10. After successfully replicating the delta changes for an Employee with respect to organizational data and the manager alignment, the changes have not reflected in the Time Profile for that Employee.
The time file will not reflect every organizational change for an Employee in the Employee Data work center. The time file only reflects time periods when time data has been changed. The current effective Reporting Line Unit manager will show for the current period however, it will not show the individual changes to the Org Unit unless a time data change was made.
11. You have hired a new employee, but when you try to assign a Time Model for it, no Time Models are displayed.
This employee was hired for a Country which does not have a Time Model created. Create a new Time Model and you will be able to assign it to the employee.
12. Your requirement is to maintain the Temporary Change of Work Schedule for multiple Employees or all the Employees in the system.
Temporary Change of Work Schedules can only be maintained on an individual basis and not for multiple Employees.
13. Is it possible to assign Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple Employees at a time?
Assignment of Deviating Holiday Calendar is not a mass activity and hence we cannot assign the Deviating Holiday Calendar to multiple employees at a time. It can be assigned individually to employee via Maintain Deviating Holiday Calendar option in the Regular Tasks view in Time Administration workcenter.
FAQ, Time Administration, Frequently Asked Questions, Holiday Calendar, Time Account Balances, Day Closure Run , KBA , faq , time administration , frequently asked questions , holiday calendar , time account balances , day closure run , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To