You experience poor performance using SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018
There are multiple reasons why the performance may be affected. This Master KBA explores how to collect more information and test your network, client and stories.
- Perform the same action in a different computer. Your computer may be affected by domain policies, browser settings or specific configurations for your user account.
- Check if other users also experience the same problem.
Your network connection has a significant influence on your experience. Steps to test your network:
- Wireless: we all love Wireless but it's not as fast a Gigabit ethernet and other great network adapters.
- Reverse proxy: are you using reverse proxy to access SAP Analytics Cloud? Verify if the behavior also happens when you connect to the public URL and you access the demo stories.
- Internet connection: Test the latency from your network to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant. Warning! This is only an estimate. You can use the internet test Web site of your choice and simulate a connection to the city where your tenant is located https://blogs.sap.com/2015/06/02/sap-hana-cloud-platform-data-centers-where-they-are-and-how-to-get-support/
- VPN: Using VPNs may affect your performance as you may be tunneling your request to SAP Analytics Cloud via your VPN connection. You can compare the performance when connected directly to your network. If you notice a significant improvement, you need to contact your VPN administrator.
SAP Analytics Cloud Story
- Simplify your story: use canvas to your advantage. If you don't need to display too many chart at once, split charts across different tabs (canvas) so these are not loaded at once.
- Chart Optimization: Avoid charts with a large number of data points (>500).
- Images: SVG and PNG files can be resized to decrease the time to download these files.
- Linked Analytics: Linking too many charts will trigger updating their values every time the selection or filter changes.
Live Data vs. imported data
If you are using live data, your browser is requesting directly data to your backend. You can verify with your HANA, S/4HANA, BW or BI admin how to test the performance of direct connections.
You can compare the performance of similar stories using imported data (you can use the sample model, for example).
Capturing performance information in Chrome
If you have tested all the previous steps and still you experience performance problems, you can capture more details using Chrome Developer Tools. More details in KBA 2413393.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
slow, performance, speed, C4A, BOC, SAC, AnalyticsCloud, Analytics Cloud, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, network connection, bandwidth , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem