You need to install Tomcat to deploy and configure SAP Analytics Cloud Agent (C4A_AGENT)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017
Even if you have already a Tomcat in your network, used by SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, you may need to install an independed Tomcat for different reasons:
- The JAVA requirements for these applications are different.
- You may need to restart Tomcat at different times affecting different groups of users.
- Performance: if you are importing a large set of data, this may impact your BI Platform users.
Installing a supported version of Java
Tomcat requires Java SE to run. Depending on the version of Tomcat you are using, you may require a different Java SE version. As an example, we can see that Apache Tomcat 8.5.16 requires Java SE 7 or later:
A safe option is to download the latest Java version available:
By default, Tomcat will listen in port 8080. If you have already another Tomcat running (BI Plaform for example), an easy change is to use port 9080. You can also change the other ports to start with 9 to avoid any possible port conflict:
Once you have correctly installed and started tomcat, you can install SAP Analytics Cloud Agent following the documentation.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem