You are trying to navigate through the scope of your implementation project, but you are prevented from reaching step 4 - Questions, because of the error message:
"Rule definition of XYZ led to unresolvable inconsistency" (XYZ represents the ID of the Business Object).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center;
- Click Implementation Projects view;
- Select implementation project;
- Click Edit Project Scope;
- Click Next until you reach step 4 - Questions;
- Error message is shown: Rule definition of XYZ led to unresolvable inconsistency.
This message is displayed because the scope of the implementation project you are trying to review is outdated (out of sync).
With the release of system upgrades, some structural changes in the adaptation catalogue may be delivered by SAP, but as the implementation project may already be merged or activated it does not get upgraded accordingly, so these changes are not reflected in its data.
Two options are available to access the scope of an outdated implementation project:
- The change history of a change project is visible in work center view Business Configuration -> Implementation Projects by clicking on the link in the list of change projects. This leads to the project overview, where there is a button "View Project History". There you have the options to check "Scoping Decisions" and "Questions" in different tabs, with different selection options
- If you are interested in the settings before a new change project is started, i.e. the settings as they are currently in the productive workspace and hence applied in runtime, this can be seen under Business Configuration -> Overview, button "View Current Scope".
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To