Error message Save failed, Field is marked as mandatory is not appearing even though you set the field as mandatory using the Key User Tools from the UI.
You are able to save without any issues even though the field is left blank.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the UI screen where you have created the extension field in HTML5 mode.
- Get in to the Adapt Mode and select Edit Master Layout.
- Select the extension field and check the mandatory property.
3. Save the layout changes.
4. Open the screen again and click on Save/ Add without filling the mandatory field.
5. The record get saved successfully without any error.
The reason for the mandatory property is being ignored is because there will be mandatory post conditions created by partner on the reported fields.
You can verify this in the UI Designer of the respective screen.
- Select the extension field in the UI Designer.
- Right click and select Field Group.
- On the right panel click oon the arrow next to Adjust Properties.
- Here you will have Add Conditions which will refer to the respective Change Transactions(CT) created for the field.
- There will be CT's created by the Partner and the Key User.
You will have to remove the CT's created by the partner if you want to set the mandatory property using Key User Tool.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To