You want to reverse a Payment Allocation and click the Reverse button. Instead of reversing the Payment Allocation the system raises a backend error message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Payment Allocation subview.
- Show all Payment Allocations in status posted.
- Select Payment Allocation ID XXX ( XXX represents the Payment Allocation ID).
- Click Reverse button.
- An error mesage is raised
When you posted the respective Payment Allocation you used G/L Account XYZ with G/L Account Type ABC. (XYZ represents the G/L Account number ABC represents the G/L Account Type description).
In the meantime you changed the G/L Account Type from ABC to DEF. Since you used the same G/L Account with a different G/L Account Type for the posted Payment Allocation it is not possible to reverse the Allocation.
An error occurs as a result of a different G/L Account Type for G/L Account XYZ in Payment Allocation and Business Configuration.
To be able to reverse the Payment Allocation you have to maintain the same G/L Account Type for the G/L Account you used when you posted the Payment Allocation.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview subview.
- Show All Configuration Elements and find Activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select Edit Chart of Accounts.
- Choose the respective G/L Account and maintain G/L Account Type.
- Save your changes.
You should be able to reverse the Payment Allocation now without a backend error message.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To