You have some extension fields created on the service order. When creating new service order by using Copy function, you find the value of some extension fields are removed after changing the account party. But some values are remained.
You do not know the reason of the different behavior on extension fields.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Go to the Service Order Processing view.
- Open one service order, there are 2 extension fields (ABC, DEF) you have created on the General tab. (ABC, DEF represent the name of extension field)
For example, the value of extension field ABC is 123. The value of extension field DEF is 789.
- Click Copy to create a service order out of this one, the values of these extension fields are copied to the new service order as well.
- Remove the account and enter an account again. You find the value of extension field ABC is removed. However, the value of extension field DEF remains as 789.
You are wondering why the behavior of these 2 extension fields are different.
The reason of the behavior is due to the extension scenario:Account - General Information to Service Documents - General Information.
The scenario is enabled on the extension field ABC. Since you change the account in the new service order, it triggers a data redetermination on the extension field. Because there is no value maintained in the account master data, so the field is cleared. However, the field DEF has no extension scenario activated, so there is no data refresh when account changes.
This is the designed system behavior.
KBA , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To